Kindergarten at Alphabet Academy
Our all-day Kindergarten program is child driven, including elements of Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio-Emilia and outdoor learning while also meeting Connecticut educational standards. Students explore on a one and a half acre outdoor classroom adjacent to the Farmington Canal Greenway and expand their palates with Alphabet’s organic food program. Your child will make the transition from preschool to elementary school in a nurturing, creative and challenging environment. Early morning and late afternoon are included.
- Full-day Kindergarten ideal for busy families
- Magnificent, child-centered classroom
- In-house, chef-prepared organic cuisine
- Amazing, inspiring teachers
- Low teacher-to-student ratio (1:10)
- Strong home-school connection
- Bi-weekly culinary arts classes and yoga
- Expansive organic garden
- 1.5 acre outdoor classroom
- Music-rich curriculum
Our kindergarten program encourages learning in a warm, nurturing atmosphere with hands-on activities that include art, music, storytelling, science, math, a weekly yoga class, as well as reading and writing. These experiences take place during small group activities, learning centers and at morning meeting. Self-expression and creativity are enhanced daily through classroom projects, imaginative play and self art.